Who we are
The Friends of the Spokane County Library District is a community-based, non-profit volunteer group of citizens who promote and enhance their local libraries.
Our mission is inspiring passionate lifelong learners to invest in their community libraries.
With the funds we raise, we support
- Childhood literacy and reading programs for youth
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) programs
- Educational activities for all ages, including resources for job seekers and local business owners
- Author programs and exclusive literary presentations
- Special events and workshops, such as NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writer’s Month)
As a Friend, you are instrumental in bringing high-caliber literary and cultural events to our community. You can see upcoming programs that we support on our Events page.
The world is changing, and our libraries are changing right along with it.
What it means to be a Friend
Once you become a member, you are a champion for your library in the following ways:
- Advocate for the library
- Work as a volunteer
- Share and network (for example, with social groups, on Facebook, Twitter, or on a blog)
- Attend Friends’ meetings regularly
- Spearhead efforts to recruit new members
We dream of a healthy, safe, and welcoming community. Let’s create it together.